Sunday 21 August 2011

Finding my voice

I am endlessly aware that my posts are all truly dull and needlessly long, I'm just trying to find something interesting to say. I think at the moment I'm being prolific with my writing because I'm trying to find my voice. Seriously, if someone was to tell me I would be as yawn-inspiring as this I would have thought they were just being a dick! I honestly thought I had more to say for myself - I mean, I make myself laugh, right?

Am I trying to be someone I'm not? Ya know, saying things that I can't make flow because I'm not really that into them? Or is it just because I'm new at thins kinda thing? Really, I recon its a mix of the two (and who knows - I probably am quite dull really!) I'm writing just for writings sake, not because I have anything interesting to say. I know, right? As if I don't have anything interesting to say?! But seriously folks, about this voice thing...

Is it best that I just 'power through' with the crap shiz of should I leave it until I have more idea about what to say? I initially thought this would be a great place for me to put my ideas down and 'show my wares'. I still think thats what it will be, the problem being that I'm putting too much emphasis on getting something- anything, down and not giving myself time to really think about what I'm putting.

I guess that decides it then, I'm gonna chill out about getting something new down on the page and wait until I have something to show for myself or something to say. The idea to take photos I had a few days ago seemed like a good one at first, but I didn't give myself time for it to grow, I thought I should put something new on, keep the page fresh and all.

I'm gonna try to speak the way my head speaks as well I think. At least until I see that it is all mangled nonsense, it'll give me a flow at least anyhoo. So, so long for now. Back when I have a better idea of what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment