Wednesday 29 May 2013

Oil Pastel Sketch

This is an oil pastel piece I made a while back, I was just messing around with some black card I had bought for my newspaper canvas tutorial using a photo I had taken. Because (as I've said before) I'm useless as transferring images from my phone to the computer I haven't managed to get the size of the top right picture to match the top left, but I hope you can see well enough.


 Original photo and oil pastel sketch
 Original photo and oil pastel sketch
Framed final picture

Although we live in a village outside of the town we are fortunate that there is a framing shop at the top of our cul-de-sac. I took this to them and chose a grey border (I recon you can't go far wrong with a grey border). I wanted a grand looking frame and this was the most ostentatious I could find, so a win all round.

P.S. My artist skills are up for hire (don't worry, my smartphone photo taking skills are not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment